Adding the File Upload question to your form lets form users upload a file as a part of completing the form. You can determine what file upload types are allowed and where files will be stored. File size limitations are determined by your school’s Internet Information Services (IIS) configuration, which is typically 2GB. Schools licensed to use Candidate features can also map this question back to the EX Process Internet Submissions window where it can be reviewed, processed, and added to a candidate's EX record.
Step 1: Determine where the user uploaded files will be stored on your web server.
Step 2: Add the File Upload question to your form.
Step 3: Limit the types of allowable file uploads (optional).
Step 4: Specify a File Naming Convention for Uploaded Files (optional).
|The mapping to EX feature is only available for schools licensed to use Candidate features.|
Complete the steps above.
Step 5: Verify or connect to your school's database.
Step 6: Verify or set up the Attachment Use Codes in EX.
1. Log in to EX and access the Attachment Type Definition window.
2. Right-click and select Add Row.
3. In the Attachment Type Code field, enter a unique code that can be used to identify the attachment when you associate file extensions with it. For example, you can add APP_ESSAY for application essays.
4. In the Description field, enter an identifier for the attachment type. Using the example above, you can add "Online application essay"
5. From the Use Code drop-down, select AD_CANDCY.
6. Repeat steps 2 - 4 for each attachment type you want to allow.
7. Click Save.
Step 7: Verify or set up the file extensions available with the attachment use code in EX.
1. Log in to EX and access the Make File Extension Available for Attachment window.
2. From the Attachment Use drop-down, select AD_CANDCY.
3. Select the Make Available check boxes for those attachment types you want to allow form users to submit and to be mapped to the EX Process Internet Submissions window.
4. If a particular file attachment type isn't listed:
a. Click the Create a new file extension link. The Define Allowed File Extensions window appears.
b. Right-click and choose Add Row.
c. Enter the file type extension.
d. Enter the appropriate description.
f. Close the Define Allowed File Extensions window.
Step 8: Use the File Upload form question’s Unique ID to map to the appropriate EX table.
If you are using the online application template, the mapping to the Internet Processing window is already set up for you.
1. Log in to the campus portal as an administrator and access EX FormFlow - Forms.
2. Click Manage Forms. The Manage Forms page appears.
3. Click on the form you are working with.
4. Right-click on the form's upload question and select Properties. The Edit Item window appears.
5. Note the question's Unique ID on the Definition tab.
6. Click Cancel. The Edit Item window closes.
7. From the Tools menu, select EX Mapping Tool. The Internet Submissions Mapping page appears.
8. From the Form Type drop-down, select the type of form you are mapping. If you are working with an online admissions application, select Admissions Application.
9. Select the table you want to store the attachment. This will allow the attachment to be viewed from select EX windows.
TIP: Only tables that can be mapped to the EX Process Internet Submissions window for the selected form type are available.
10. Click Add New Row. The Row page appears.
11. Find the table column to be mapped to the attachment.
12. From the corresponding drop-down, select your form question's unique ID.
13. Click Save.
14. Click Done.