Credit Registry For Teachers
Charter Oak State College in cooperation with the Connecticut State Department of Education, has established a Credit Registry program. This program is designed to assist individuals who wish to use standardized exams in meeting certification requirements for cross endorsement, for individuals who have worked in approved private schools for a minimum of two years in an appropriate teaching assignment or for individuals who are enrolled in and advised through the Alternate Route to Teacher Certification program with the State of Connecticut.
* Check first with the Department of Education-Bureau of Teacher Certification or the Alternate Route to Teacher Certification to determine what you need to do to meet certification requirements using the Charter Oak State College Registry. Their web pages are at the following http://www.ct.gov/sde/cert or http://www.ctohe.org/arc/ Contact Email: email@example.com
- The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) can provide you with more information by calling (800) 257-9558 or from their website: www.collegeboard.com/clep/
- The DANTES Subject Standardized Test information can be located at http://www.getcollegecredit.com/ or by calling 877-471-9860. Contact information for other credit bearing exams can be obtained through the Credit Registry office at the phone number below.
- Exams are administered monthly at Charter Oak State College’s Newington testing office. If you intend to take CLEP or DANTES exams at Charter Oak please review procedures on-line www.registerblast.com/cosc . The testing staff suggests registration at least 3 weeks in advance to reserve a spot at one of our testing dates
* Complete the application.
* Pay the registry fee. This fee is non-refundable.
* Arrange for transcripts of your completed work to be sent directly to the address below.
* Once we have completed our process, you will be notified. At that time transcripts will be available free of charge via Parchment.
New credits can be added in the first year of the registry. There is a fee for reactivating the registry after the first year.
Charter Oak State College
55 Paul Manafort Drive
New Britain, CT 06053
If a participant in the credit registry intends to transfer these credits to another college, it is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that the receiving institution’s academic policy will allow for the transfer of such credit. The credit registry payment is non-refundable.